Do you need legal help with understanding and navigating the impacts of COVID-19 on your organisation? Does your organisation need employment advice? Is your constitution out of date and making governing hard?
There are hundreds of legal issues not-for-profits and charities face every day. Justice Connect’s Not-for-profit Law program is here to help you navigate the process.
How we can help
As a specialist legal service for not-for-profit organisations, we know how difficult it can be for organisations to access legal help. That’s why our team of expert lawyers and our network of pro bono law firms provide free legal advice on a broad range of issues. Apply for free legal help.
We have over 300 free, online self-help resources relevant to New South Wales community organisations to help your organisation run smoothly and focus on achieving its mission. Explore our range of self-help resources.
Our webinar program is an easy way to get up to speed on a range of legal issues that come up when starting and running a not-for-profit organisation including information on fast changing laws such as COVID-19 and the workplace. Join live or watch on demand at a time that suits you. Browse our upcoming and on demand webinars.
Can we help you?
If you are a not-for-profit organisation or Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation in New South Wales, you may be eligible for free legal advice if you:
- are small-to-medium sized with a revenue of under $5 million, and
- deliver services to people in the health and social services sector in NSW.
How we've helped others
Our expert team of Not-for-profit Lawyers have helped not-for-profit organisations on a range of legal issues, including:
- helping a small community health service update their decades-old constitution so that it was legally compliant,
- connecting a disability service provider with our network of 50+ pro bono law firms to they could update their suite of employment contracts to cover off the minimum entitlements owed to employees, and
- ️arranging pro bono legal advice to be given to two not-for-profit organisations wanting to merge, helping them with their due diligence process.
The Social Sector Transformation Fund
We welcome the support of the NSW Government’s funding investment for the social services sector. Justice Connect’s Not-for-profit Law program received vital funding to deliver a range of legal services for NSW community organisations to help board members, staff and volunteers understand the law, prevent legal problems and increase efficiency.
- Digital and information technology
- Governance and strategy
- Leadership and workforce planning
- Service delivery evaluation, and
- Service coordination.
Find out more