Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Volunteer safety is paramount.
Now more than ever, organisations need to understand their legal obligations and have sound risk management processes in place.
In this practical training session for volunteer-involving organisations, we’ll cover the legal basics around your safety obligations, how to manage risk and important things to note about insurance. We’ll also delve into COVID specific issues to help you ensure your COVID-safe plan protects both your volunteers and your organisation.
You’ll learn about:
- Why safety is so important
- The ‘duty of care’ your organisation owes its volunteers
- Legal responsibility for the actions of volunteers
- Work health and safety duties
- Child safety requirements
- Risk management processes
- Volunteer insurance
- Top tips and additional resources to help you in the future
Who should attend?
Volunteer managers and staff who engage with volunteers/boards and committees members
Maximum number of participants
30. If you think your group will exceed 30 participants please contact us to discuss further
One of our lawyers with expertise in charity and not-for-profit law and experience in providing training to not-for-profit organisations.