Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Unpack the A-Z of governance and make sure you are fully aware of your legal responsibilities as a board or committee.
You’ll learn about governance versus management, key legal duties, purposes and rules. Governance is broad, but doesn’t have to baffle you!
- Legal roles of committee/board members as decision makers
- Differences between governance and management
- Legal structure and status of your organisation
- Importance of rules and legal purpose or objects
- Four key legal duties of committee/board members
- Potential liabilities, protecting yourself and your organisation
- Other relevant laws and additional resources
Who should attend? New and current board/committee members and senior staff
Length 3 hours
Maximum number of participants 30
If you think your group will exceed 30 participants please contact us to discuss further
Facilitator One of our lawyers with expertise in charity and not-for-profit law and experience in providing training to community groups
Stay up to date with news and changes to the law. Sign up for our monthly newsletter.