Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Congratulations! You’re thinking about starting a community group.
The best organisations have solid foundations. We have heaps of handy tips and loads of important legal information to share to help your group get off to the best possible start.
You'll learn about:
- What it means to be a not-for-profit organisation
- The incorporation decision
- Legal structures available
- Importance of legal purposes and governing documents
- Key legal duties of the board or committee of management
- Basics of charity status and tax concessions
Who should attend?
People thinking about starting up or getting involved in a not-for-profit organisation
Maximum number of participants
30. If you think your group will exceed 30 participants please contact us to discuss further
One of our lawyers with expertise in charity and not-for-profit law and experience in providing training to community groups