Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Does your community organisation need a post-lockdown governance refresh in 2021? We're offering free Governance Health Checks to eligible not-for-profit organisations in the social services and health sectors and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations based in New South Wales, thanks to the NSW Government’s Social Sector Transformation Fund.
What is governance?
Governance is the framework for how your organisation operates. It is the rules and processes with which the people responsible for running the organisation can ensure transparent, accountable and sound management.
What are the benefits of a Governance Health Check?
As a specialist legal service for not-for-profit organisations, we know how difficult it can be for organisations to create and maintain good governance frameworks. We also know that by embedding good governance practice, your organisation can focus on delivering more vital services to the community.
By providing you with one-on-one support from one of our in-house lawyers, we will help your organisation and board:
- stay on top of legal and governance obligations
- manage risk and embed good governance practices
- improve skills, knowledge and confidence to identify and deal with legal issues, and
- avoid penalties.
Is your organisation eligible?
If you are a not-for-profit organisation or Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation in New South Wales, you may be eligible for free legal advice if you:
- are small-to-medium sized with a revenue of under $5 million, and
- deliver services to people in the health and social services sector in NSW.
How can you apply?
Step 1: Register now by completing the form.
Step 2: If your organisation is eligible, Not-for-profit Law will send you a link to a 40-minute Governance Health Check questionnaire for you to fill out.
Step 3: Not-for-profit Law will contact you to provide tailored governance legal advice and recommendations.
What others have said
- "Thank you for taking the time and trouble to assist us with our governance check. We will take away the information provided and do better!"
- "We discussed the health check at our Management committee meeting last week and it helped to engage the committee in further discussion around their responsibilities. It has been a very productive and positive experience for us."
- "Thank you so much for all the work that went into our health check. It was a valuable experience and created some needed analysis of how we are tracking. We have noted the gaps and will be working with the other Directors to fill these in the future."
The Social Sector Transformation Fund
We welcome the support of the NSW Government’s funding investment for the social services sector. Justice Connect’s Not-for-profit Law program received vital funding to deliver a range of legal services for NSW community organisations to help board members, staff and volunteers understand the law, prevent legal problems and increase efficiency.
Find out more about the Social Sector Transformation Fund, and how Not-for-profit Law and our partners may be able to further support your organisation.