Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Does your community organisation regularly hold events or provide services to the community? Are you concerned about legal liability?
Don’t wait for things to go wrong! Ensure your organisation and everyone involved is fully protected by attending this valuable session which will cover:
- What your organisation could be legally liable for
- The effect of incorporation on liability
- How to meet the duty of care your organisation owes to people involved
- What are work/occupational health and safety (WHS/OHS) laws and how they apply to your organisation
- How to meet requirements for child safety
- Risk management processes to help your organisation effectively respond to safety concerns
- The types of insurance and protections available for community organisations
- Top tips for meeting your safety requirements and managing risk
“The best aspect of this seminar was to confirm the things we have been doing well …and then to learn about new things we need to look in to, like volunteer insurance – thanks!” (Training participant, Safety, Risk and Insurance)
Suitable for people involved in not-for-profit community organisations of all sizes and legal structures, including unincorporated groups
Standard length 3 hours
Facilitator A lawyer from NFP Law with expertise in charity and not-for-profit law and experience in providing training to community groups