Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
A trade promotion lottery occurs when an organisation, whether it is a business, community or charitable organisation, promotes its products or services or purpose by offering prizes to winners. There is normally an element of chance, like a random draw from entries.
Organisations running trade promotions need to consider key issues like where their promotion is running, whether they need a permit in the states where the promotion is running, and whether they are meeting other requirements like having appropriate competition terms and conditions.
The Not-for-profit Law resources cover:
- what is a trade promotion lottery?
- when is a permit needed and how do to get one?
- issues to consider when running online trade promotions
- national trade promotions, and
- Trade Promotions Checklist.