Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Are you involved in setting up or running a community organisation and keen to understand the legal issues?
If you’re involved in setting up a new community organisation or need to refresh your knowledge on the legal basics, this introductory session is for you. It will provide you with an overview of the key legal requirements and will cover:
- What is a community group?
- What does not-for-profit mean?
- The basic structure of (an unincorporated) community group
- Incorporation: what it means, how to do it and pros and cons
- Auspicing: what it means, how to do it and pros and cons
- What is involved in being an auspiced organisation?
- What does it mean to be a charity?
- What tax concessions are available for community groups?
Suitable for People involved in not-for-profit community organisations of all sizes and legal structures, including unincorporated groups
Standard length 3 hours
“Excellent starter information with links to further reading and resources – exceptional”
“ The information about the pros and cons of incorporation and the checklist of what we have to do to remain incorporated was the most useful – I now have a long to-do list but the session was invaluable”.