Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Do you fully understand your legal duties as a board or a committe member?
As a committee or board member of a community organisation, it’s important you are fully aware of your legal responsibilities. This essential training will help you better understand:
- the legal role of committee members as decision makers
- the difference between governance and management
- the importance of your organisation’s rules and legal purpose or objects
- the four main legal duties of committee members
- other laws that you should be aware of as a committee member
- potential liabilities and how to protect yourself and your organisation
Suitable for People involved in (or thinking of becoming involved in) not-for-profit community organisations of all sizes and legal structures, including unincorporated groups
Standard length 3 hours
Facilitator A lawyer from NFP Law with expertise in charity and not-for-profit law and experience in providing training to community groups (see: Not-for-profit Law's training lawyers)
"Working through the scenarios was the best bit of the training - they gave it context and were well-tailored to the kind of situations we are often faced with as a committee".